Module Authors in Psychology
Module Author - Psychology
Reports to- Programme Director
Employment Type- Freelance
We are seeking Module Authors for our Online MSc Psychology Programmes to join our dynamic online faculty. In this role, you will create engaging, and research led content for our online programmes working in close collaboration with our Russell Group partner, the University of Liverpool.
We are looking for individuals with experience in any of the following subject areas:
- Social Psychology - Qualitative research experience would be beneficial for this module as this forms part of the teaching content and assessments.
- Psychology of Learning
- Cognitive Psychology
MSc Organisational & Business Psychology:
- Organisational Coaching
- Psychology of Leadership
- Global Talent Management
- Organisational Development and Change
MSc Mental Health Psychology:
- Approaches to Mental Health
- Psychotherapy Interventions
- Psychological Appraisal and Treatments
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
The primary role of the Content Developer is to develop materials for the online learning environment based upon existing programme and module specifications and in collaboration with our learning technology and academic teams to set deadlines. Support and training is provided.
- Developing engaging and relevant activities for postgraduate online learning
- Writing and recording audio lecturecasts
- Setting reading appropriate to postgraduate study
- Designing assessments and discussion activities
- Ensuring learning activities are connected and organised to best support international student cohorts
Qualifications and Skills
You will have a strong academic background and practical applied experience in one or more of the relevant subject areas outlined above. You will also have experience of teaching and assessment on higher education programmes at postgraduate level as well as an enthusiasm for online learning.
- Doctoral qualification in a related subject.
- Experience of teaching, assessing and developing content at level 7 (Masters level) within the Higher Education sector.
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with academic colleagues, lecturers and students both face-to-face and in a virtual environment.
- Experience of working with students from a range of cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Excellent IT skills, primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting software.
- Reliable internet connection.
- Experience of teaching in an online environment
- Familiarity of the UK Higher Education sector and UK Quality Assurance.
- Relevant Higher Education teaching qualification.
- Fellowship recognition by AdvanceHE.
- Evidence of maintenance of academic qualifications through continued scholarly activity.
To apply please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter showing how you meet our above-mentioned criteria. Applications received before this date will be considered when submitted.
Applications without a covering letter outlining your motivation and aptitude for the position will not be considered.
For any queries, please contact Dr Sarah Thurgood, Programme Director – Psychology on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.