Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for providing the day-to-day oversight of all the Service Desk operations. With the support of the Head of IT Support Services, the Service Desk Manager is to ensure that the Service Desk is always focused on its mission to provide outstanding global technical support and ensure 100% customer satisfaction as per the established SLAs. The Service Desk Manager is expected to achieve these objectives by applying good judgment and common sense in all decision-making while also ensuring that all InfoSec, Compliance, SOX and GDPR requirements are consistently observed by all members of the Service Desk team. This role reports directly to the Head of IT Support Services.
Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring, mentoring, training, and managing geographically dispersed Service Desk Technicians.
- Ensuring that all Service Desk Technicians understand and are always focused on the team’s mission.
- Running a Service Desk Audit program to ensure staff engagement, participation, and accountability.
- Managing the day-to-day function of the Service Desk, ensuring that priorities are handled appropriately, and established procedures are consistently being following and working as expected.
- Identifying areas and processes that can be improved.
- Collaborating with other IT groups and all relevant stakeholders to develop new Service Desk processes or improve existing ones.
- Managing escalation and ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Measuring and reporting on Service Desk performance.
- Ensuring that all SLAs are met, and objectives are achieved.
- Managing the Service Desk within the allocated budget.
- Keeping up to date on technology and new IT support ideas and techniques.
- Gathering input from customers, management, and other IT groups.
- Liaising with other IT groups and IT management regarding observable trends and other technical issues.
- Ensuring that all Service Desk processes follow ITIL best practices.
- Managing IT assets and vendor relations.
- Supporting the IT Management team with special projects, as necessary.
- Working closely with the Service Management team to maintain and update the ITSM system and its components (ex. knowledge base, service catalog, ticket classification, workflows, notifications, etc.)
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team motivation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- Sound knowledge of SOX, GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 regulations and standards
- Sound knowledge of ITIL’s ITSM framework.
- Proven success in delivery on projects to improve service to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, on prem and Azure AD, network technologies, and VOIP systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10, MS Office productivity suite, and general desktop support.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate deep technical materials.
- Strong track record of proaction, achievement, follow-through, and delivery.
- Proven customer service skills with a diverse population.
- 3+ years working with an ITSM system like Service Now, Freshservice, Vivantio, Zendesk, etc.
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure.
- May travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Must be authorized to work in the _______.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or a related area
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Any ITIL 4 certification
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter: Closing date: 15th June 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, depending on the nature of the role, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Languages.
Every year, Kaplan International Languages (KIL) helps students from various countries to develop and improve their English language skills. With a network of schools spanning 6 countries, KIL has the largest presence of any international language school in the English-speaking world. Our schools are in vibrant, sought-after and convenient locations, providing our students with the right environment to achieve their goals. We offer a wide selection of courses from General English and exam courses through to 8-month intensive programs.
As part of Kaplan Inc., KIL is proud to share in the Kaplan tradition of academic excellence, standing alongside other established education institutions like Kaplan Financial, Kaplan International Pathways, Kaplan Test Prep and Kaplan Professional. Kaplan Inc., which is owned by Graham Holdings, is one of the world’s largest providers of education and training. It has an 80-year history of expanding access to academic opportunity and global revenues of more than US$2 billion. We are proud to have recently welcomed ESL Education and Alpadia Language Schools into the Kaplan International Group.