Credit Controller / Accounts Receivable Clerk
We are recruiting for a Credit Controller / Accounts Receivable Clerk, to join and play a pivotal role in our dynamic Kaplan International Languages team at our Hammersmith office in London. Reporting to our Transactional Finance Manager, you will take responsibility for actioning and administering accurate collection processes and ownership of several ledgers.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed accounting and credit control professional to apply their skills in a multicurrency, international environment. If you’re interested in studying towards a professional finance qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CICM, we can provide a full study support package covering tuition fees, exams and study days, on successful completion of the probationary period.
About the role
The main role responsibilities include:
- Prepare weekly reports to aid collections and reduce debtor days/DSO
- Collection of outstanding balances (chasing outstanding debt makes up 50% of this role)
- Liaising with sales managers and customer care advisors to ensure effective collection of monies outstanding
- Liaising with internal and external parties to resolve queries, as necessary
- Assisting the cashier to receipt payments in multi currencies
- Allocating and ensuring statements are up to date and accurate
- Processing refunds and commission payments to students/agents
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Raising Intercompany transactions
- Fostering and maintaining good business relationships with agents and all stakeholders
- Identifying and recommending process improvements related to own work
- Ad-hoc tasks
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
• Experience working in a credit control/accounts receivable role in a fast-paced, high volume, transaction orientated environment.
• Experience working under pressure to strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of accounting systems and accounting principles
• Intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data…)
• Team player with flexibility to work additional hours as required,
• Strong teamworking skills and willingness to help out other team members.
• Ability to use initiative and take ownership of ledger.
• Strong client focus and good communication skills (verbal and written)
About our offer:
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of up to £26,000 and a study package (optional) after successful probation period for those wishing to work toward a CICM qualification or accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA). As an employer, we can offer good scope for career progression within a commercial Accounting and Finance function, including opportunities in the accounts team and group finance team.
The role is hybrid, with 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home. You’ll be working in a friendly, supportive team in a lovely workspace in Hammersmith which offers great facilities such as free gym membership and onsite barista and social gatherings in the evening.
Our employee benefits include;
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Medical cash plan
- Cashback scheme through Perkpal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted tuition available across a range of courses (including Masters programmes) through the Kaplan employee "Gift of Knowledge" scheme
Please apply via our online application form which requires you to answer a few short motivation questions and submit a CV.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, depending on the nature of the role, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
As part of Kaplan Inc., KIL is proud to share in the Kaplan tradition of academic excellence, standing alongside other established education institutions like Kaplan Financial, Kaplan International Pathways, Kaplan Test Prep and Kaplan Professional. Kaplan Inc., which is owned by Graham Holdings, is one of the world’s largest providers of education and training. It has an 80-year history of expanding access to academic opportunity and global revenues of more than US$2 billion. We are proud to have recently welcomed ESL Education and Alpadia Language Schools into the Kaplan International Group.