Night Facilities Officer
Kaplan Living are looking to recruit for a Night Facilities Officer. This role is 42 hours a week from 8pm-8am with 4 on/off basis.
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools, along with a small provision for University and Direct Let accommodation during the summer.
• To work as a member of the team, providing a front line response in both planned and reactive maintenance service in accordance with the Service Level Agreement with our stakeholders.
• Issue and regulate stores and cleaning supplies and assist in maintaining correct stock levels.
• Ensure that the working environment is maintained in accordance with the Service Level Agreement, including keeping the site clean by litter picking on a daily basis, supporting the cleaning staff with rubbish removal all common area cleaning and, when required, clearing snow and ice from pathways and putting down grit
• Undertake duties involving movement of loads (e.g. bins/ white goods/Furniture etc.)
• Identify and resolve maintenance issues ensuring these are reported using the correct process
• Undertake training as required
• Assisting to housekeeping teams with cleaning bedrooms when required
• Be prepared to work as part of a rolling roster including weekends including student arrival weekends
• Adhere to the company dress policy at all times
• Kaplan International College if connected to a residence, classroom set up and maintenance of the college will be required.
• Respond to any student lock outs
• Respond to any fire alarm activations
• Deal with any complaints that are received and escalate these immediately to the relevant manager
• Assist with statutory testing including fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher, fire blanket and fire detector checks, water temperature monitoring, shower head cleaning and emergency lighting checks
• Other duties as commensurate with the post
Health and Safety
• Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order
• Report any Health and Safety issues relating to the site ensuring all information is passed to the relevant manager
• Comply with the requirements of Kaplan residence’s and stakeholders operational procedures and policies including those relating to health and safety
• Understand and observe Kaplan’s site rules at all times
• Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
• Comply with Kaplan Residence’s statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work among the workforce.
• Complete and record statutory Health and Safety checks
• Conduct security patrols to ensure building and students are safe.
• Kaplan International College is attached thus ensuring this building is locked up and secure
Student Welfare and Customer Services
• Provide pastoral care to all students including enhanced care for under 18 students
• Be the 1st point of contact to residents
• Ensure that excessive noise by students does not affect other students.
• Assist with any Front of House responsibilities including Parcel collections.
• Assist the team with any social activity within the building.
• Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss
• Be able to work within a set budget
Marketing & promotion
• Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
• Ensure the safety and welfare of all students and the Safeguarding of U18s accommodated in Kaplan Living. All members of the Kaplan Living team are responsible for all aspects of our students safeguarding and welfare in conjunction with the wider residence, college and company management teams.
• Actively seek to safeguard and promote the welfare of U18s and refer any U18 safeguarding, welfare or support issues immediately to the General Manager and U18 Well Being Coordinator. If the situation is applicable follow the red and yellow alert process and in the event of becoming aware of a major incident follow the red/yellow alert process and alert the KI Living Management.
• Any other duties as required by the Residence Manager and/ or Deputy Manager
The successful applicant will:
• Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
• Have experience in a customer facing environment
• Have recent experience of working in a maintenance / caretaking role
• Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation.
• Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required
Essential skills/ experience
- Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally accommodation
- Be able to work as part of a team, and work on own initiative
- Budget management.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Please note, the vacancy will be closed when we have received a suitable volume of applications. We would encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
- 28 days annual leave*
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
- Medicash Health Cash Plan
*Please note that the annual leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis if the role is part time.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Living
Part of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s most diversified education businesses, Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose-built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.