Senior Market Manager, UK Onshore
Location: London/Hybrid working
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from university preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries onto our programmes. As a commercially successful business which has experienced strong growth in recent years, there are excellent opportunities for long-term career progression.
About the Role
We are looking to hire an experienced, dynamic, energetic, and target driven Senior Market Manager for the UK Onshore team. As part of a new and expanded structure, the Senior Market Manger will be tasked with assisting the regional Director in driving recruitment from the region to our Pathway Colleges and University partners across the UK and the USA. You will also assist the Regional Director in managing a team of sales and marketing staff to support student recruitment from their respective regions. The successful candidates will have excellent understanding of international recruitment, preferably within the MENA region. You will have excellent organisational skills and will be a self-starter with experience of working internationally.
The role will involve:
- Developing and executing the sales and recruitment strategy for the region
- Driving student opportunities to achieve challenging targets for UK and US products in line with compliance requirements
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop action plans to capitalise on these opportunities
- Provide regular reporting on progress against objectives via agreed KPIs, and providing regular market intelligence and competitor analysis
- Work with the Regional Director on region budgets and assessing ROI
- Converting student opportunities from new leads to deposits paid (confirmed), including responding to all enquiries within 24 hours and providing an outstanding level of customer service
- Promoting KI on an on-going basis to generate new leads in market by working with established and new stakeholders
- Liaising effectively across the Kaplan internal network with partner universities and with key recruitment agents and educational bodies overseas
- Presenting to a range of audiences, including potential students and their parents, staff in schools, agents and partners
- Ensuring all partner agents are given comprehensive training and have full and complete knowledge of all KI products and selling points
- Evaluating recruitment and marketing activities in the region and work within budgetary requirements
- Delivering outstanding levels of customer service
- Travelling across your respective region for 10-15 weeks per year
- Any other activities as required by the Regional Director
- Background in and passion for international education sales
- University education
- Excellent understanding of USA further and higher education and / or experience of international students studying in the USA
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Ability to communicate well with a wide range of audiences
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrated team player
- Customer focused
- Goal-driven and results oriented profile
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline, to meet challenging targets
- Strong organisational and planning skills, self-motivated and committed.
- Must be willing to travel extensively throughout the region very soon into the role
- Flexibility with working hours including working over weekends when required
- Experience of customer relationship management software (particularly Salesforce) is desirable
- To be IT literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
What we offer
- An opportunity to bring your creativity and make your mark
- Being part of our Kaplan Community – a truly global organisation working with teams from across the globe
- A supportive environment in which to learn new skills and develop
- Dynamic, international environment
- Volunteering days
- Please submit a CV or your LinkedIn profile and covering letter explaining why this position excites you.
- Closing date: 10th October 2022
- Please note applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis and we may close the role before the closing date if a suitable shortlist has been gathered.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.