Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
Part time - Evening & Receptionist
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Reporting to: General Manager
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools, along with a small provision for University and Direct Let accommodation during the summer.
Bournemouth University International College (BUINTCOL) is a flagship, new College and student residence. Opening in September 2015, the College will welcome international students from all over the globe onto programmes which prepare them for entry into Bournemouth University (BU). The residence, Lansdowne Point, will be home to 393 students, who are either studying on the college’s programmes, are alumni who have already progressed onto BU, or are new or existing students at BU
We are looking to employ 2 part time Receptionists to ensure that our students receive a consistent level of customer service and care.
Hours of work: 12 hours to include evenings/weekends
Main responsibilities and functions
- To assist in ensuring the property is managed and operated in line with agreed operating principles to support the achievement of our company goal to be industry leading in service levels to students, parents and stakeholders
- Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Residences’ student welfare and support services.
- Provide reception duties including, but not limited to, dealing with frontline enquiries from customers and ensuring that work flows to the appropriate staff member within the team/College. Following up and responding to all enquiries by telephone or email (Departmental email account) are responded to within the College’s Service Level agreement.
- Managing the Reception Desk and resource area to ensure that it is kept tidy, informative and accessible for all
- Facilitating approved access for visitors and contractors, and general completion of health & safety administration (Contractor work permits, site safety rules etc)
- Logging of maintenance requests
- Logging of complaints adhering to the SLA timescales
- Processing applications and sending out tenancy agreements
- Co-ordinate/liaise with BUINTCOL academic and student services.
- Help enhance the student experience within the social communal areas
- Assist in managing arrival and departure procedures ensuring efficiencies and room management procedures are adhered to
- Accurate completion of time sheets
- Adhere to the company dress policy at all times
- Working within and monitoring internal budgets.
- Assist in the Management of payment, debt management and invoicing.
- Work with internal and external partners to improve services, value for money and profitability.
Marketing & promotion
- Assist the Residence Manager to ensure that all information provided to customers on the residence, including social and academic support services is both accurate and updated regularly – to include printed collateral, web-based information and social networking sites.
- Assist in marketing of the property to direct let customers where required
- Assist in marketing to existing customers to maximise returner students
- Assist in marketing and management of lettings including short-term contracts and summer lets
- Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
- To assist with Intakes/Out takes & Open days
- Assist in preparing and managing the student social programme.
- To ensure that a service level agreements with BUINTCOL are met and that any shortfalls are documented and reported to the Residence Manager
- Assist to develop and maintain policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and ANUK Accreditation Scheme along external/internal audits.
- To support colleagues at both BUINTCOL and KIC HQ with regards to requirements under immigration legislation
Any other duties as required by the Residence Manager or Assistant Manager
The successful applicant will:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike
- Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Residences
- Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
- Have experience in a customer facing environment
- Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation
- Have good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and be adaptable to foster new skills to operate Kaplan’s internal management systems
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours
- Maintain confidentiality of anything discussed, overheard or dealt with whilst carrying out the role
Essential skills/ experience
- Experience of working in a busy customer service environment within the hospitality or student service industry or ideally accommodation.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
- To be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and a willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
- Strong interest in working with students and in particular international students
- Data management and strong record keeping skills
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Closing date: 31st May 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Living
Part of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s most diversified education businesses, Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose-built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.