Social Media Specialist – ISC
Social Media Specialist – ISC
(Based in New Delhi)
Here at Kaplan International Pathways, we’re looking to recruit a Social Media Strategist who will be responsible for creating and implementing the social media strategy across our exciting global education business.
Through our network of 10 international colleges in the UK and our 4 programmes in the US, we provide international students with a vital foundation in English language, study skills and academic subjects which enable them to progress onto bachelors and masters degrees at a wide range of well-regarded and well-ranked universities. We are proud to welcome students from more than 100 countries onto our vibrant, cosmopolitan student bodies in locations from Liverpool, Brighton and London to New York, Boston and Phoenix – and many more.
With our main target audience aged between 16 and 22, our social media channels are critical to us for making meaningful connections with future students, current students, past students and parents.
This is a fun and varied role which would suit someone with strong social media knowledge gained in an agency or in-house role and a great natural sense of how to engage this age group with the right content. It may also appeal to you if you are looking for a role which offers an opportunity to take ownership of the social media channel, interact with colleagues and students who are passionate about our mission and would like to gain exposure to digital projects outside of pure social media.
As Social Media Strategist - ISC, you will be responsible for building and curating the Kaplan Pathways’ social media presence in the India Subcontinent region based in Delhi. You’ll be working closely with the Social Media Manager and Market Managers to create creative, engaging and industry-leading social media content to help promote our products and partnerships. This role will report to the HQ London Social Media Manager and you’ll be supported by our team based in Delhi.
- Responsibility for building new Kaplan Pathways social media channels in the Indian Subcontinent region. These social media channels include, but are not limited to, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Work with the Social Media Manager to develop a social media strategy for the new Kaplan Pathway ISC channels
- Build brand awareness, engagement and desirability for the Kaplan Pathways brand through organic social media content in the Indian Subcontinent region
- Attend education events and fairs to capture content and showcase Kaplan’s presence at these occasions. Some of this may require travel.
- Manage monthly social media reports for senior stakeholders to showcase the engagement and growth of these new region-specific channels
- Work closely with our student ambassadors from the ISC region to create impactful social media content
- Research and present new, fresh ways to tackle ever-changing platform updates and audience behaviour in the Indian Subcontinent region
- Manage a social media content calendar with daily creation of all assets, working closely with the content and wider team when needed
- Use social media tool Falcon.io to organise and execute strategy and identify key trends
- Act as main point of contact for customer service for all enquiries on these region-specific social media channels
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager to ensure brand and service storytelling is at the forefront of what we produce
- Keep track of the social media boosting budget and identify opportunities to boost content
- Assist with social media listening for our Media/PR team when required
- Provide support to the London-based marketing team when required
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluent in written and spoken Hindi
- Have a degree in business, marketing, communications or similar
- Have 4+ years' experience working in a social media role or similar
- Have a can-do attitude and excellent collaboration skills
- Experience using social media scheduling / reporting software
- Familiar with key social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat
Application Close Date – 17th June 2022
Salary – Competitive with 10% potential bonus
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.