Partnerships Manager (12-month fixed term contract)
An opportunity has arisen to join the Partnerships team at Kaplan International Pathways team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
Kaplan International Pathways operates 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London providing pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
Through our global recruitment operation which spans more than 100 countries across 4 continents, we connect and match thousands of talented, motivated students to the university and degree programmes that meet their academic needs and long-term goals. We take pride in helping our university partners to achieve a more diverse study body which greatly enhances the quality of campus life.
About the Partnerships team
Critical to the success of our partnerships is our ability to ensure that all Kaplan International Pathways staff involved in the recruitment process and student journey understand the university’s unique brand, breadth of programmes and key benefits. And, with institutions constantly broadening and developing their offerings, it’s especially important to that we build and maintain good channels of communication and ensure that our strategic recruitment goals remain aligned. This is where our Partnership team comes in. As part of this team and working closely with the Director of Partnerships, your focus will be on helping us to develop and maintain these key relationships with our partner institutions - whilst also ensuring that Kaplan staff remain up to date and familiar with what our partner universities can offer to students.
About the role
As Partnerships Mananger, you'll be:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of each of our partnerships as well as yearly student recruitment cycle
- Devising and organising appropriately timed events and meetings with partners to explore priorities, review trends, mitigate risks and identify opportunities
- Connecting recruitment and marketing teams with partner universities through roundtable discussions and other appropriate meeting formats
- Convening Sales, Admissions and Marketing staff on a regular basis to provide updates on partners and discuss any implications, threats or opportunities for student recruitment
- Using market feedback, data and/or desktop research to develop and present new programme concepts to University partners
- Collating, researching and developing presentations to staff to enhance knowledge and awareness of partner offerings
- Thinking creatively about ways to leverage Kaplan’s capabilities to the benefit of our partner institutions and vice versa
- Travelling regularly to partner universities located across the UK plus some occasional overseas travel
Ideally, you’ll have worked in international education and will have already developed a good understanding of what drives international student recruitment. This might have been gained working in the international office of a university or for another Pathways provider.
We would also be open to talking to candidates who have strong business acumen, account management and relationship building skills gained in other sectors, provided there is strong interest and motivation for working within international and higher education.
Whatever your sector background, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to communicate in a concise and compelling way, both in written documents and oral presentations
- Interest in the detailed picture of international student recruitment and its key drivers
- Ability to absorb and make sense of complex, nuanced information
- Ability to see themes, pick up on sensitivities and apply diplomacy
- Aptitude for reading and drawing sensible conclusions from data
- A keen interest in how universities work and differentiate themselves
- Strong relationship building skills
- High level of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills
- High level of professionalism
- Medical cashback scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Life assurance
- Group income protection scheme
- Discounted tuition fees on Kaplan programmes after 6 months’ service
How to apply.
Please apply with CV and cover letter explaining why this interests you, what skills you bring and what you wish to develop. This doesn’t need to be long ideally 300 – 500 words. Please also include details of your current role.
Virtual interviews are expected to take place at the beginning of June.
Closing date: 27th May 2022
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.