Exam Board Administrator
Exam Board Administrator
Location: Leeds City Centre/remote working opportunities
Reports to: Senior Quality Officer
Direct Reports: None
Employment Type: Full Time – 37.5 hrs/week
The Exam Board Administrator is responsible for providing a professional administrative support service to ensure the effective delivery of Exam Board procedures.
At Kaplan Open Learning , we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners. Find out more about our online provision at University of Essex Online and Online.Liverpool.ac.uk.
You will have a strong administrative background and will have worked in an environment where you were required to follow complex administrative processes. The role includes working with a variety of teams to provide high-quality advice and guidance in relation to quality assurance procedures.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with our University Partners to ensure appropriate quality assurance procedures are followed.
- Prepare Exam Board documentation, including academic grade profiles, academic integrity reports, extenuation reports and other related information in line with University Partner requirements.
- Liaise with University appointed external examiners regarding exam board responsibilities.
- Participate in Pre-Board meetings to review and check Board of Examiners documentation for accuracy.
- Service the Boards of Examiners in line with University Partner requirements, including agenda circulation, minute taking and production of Pass Lists.
- Ensure that the Student Management System (SMS) is accurately updated with Board of Examiners outcomes.
- Produce Board of Examiners letters to notify students of their outcomes.
- Production and dispatch of student transcripts and degree certificates in line with University Partner requirements
The post holder will, in addition, carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line managers. As business requirements change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the employee.
Person Specification and Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or experience of working in the education sector in a similar role
- Previous office administrative experience in a complex environment
- Excellent standard of digital literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Zoom, Skype
- Good organisational, prioritising and written communication skills
- Ability to co-ordinate own workload and managing own time to work to set deadlines
- Experience of working in UK Higher Education
- Experience of Exam Board procedures in UK Higher Education
- Experience or awareness of Quality Assurance procedures in UK Higher Education
Benefits (some subject to eligibility criteria)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Working hours 37.5 per week
- Central Leeds location/remote working opportunities
- The opportunity to grow as part of a division in a successful multi-national education
- Competitive salary.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter. In your covering letter please answer the following questions as part of your application to help us understand how your experience relates to the role:
- What is your experience of working in a complex administrative environment? (100 words maximum)
- Why do you want to work for a provider of online higher education? (100 words maximum)
Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.