Programme Coordinator – Social Sciences
Programme Coordinator – Social Sciences
Location: Leeds City Centre (with remote working opportunities)
Reports to: Head of Department
Employment Type: Maternity Cover, 1 year, Full Time – 37.5 hrs per week
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Per annum
Are you an enthusiastic team player with excellent co-ordination and communication skills? Do you have a sharp attention to detail to provide managerial support for academic programmes? Would you like to join a team delivering innovative online academic programmes?
We are seeking a Programme Coordinator with a Social Sciences or related background to join our dynamic team. Working with our team of subject matter experts, tutors and learning technologists, the Online Programme Coordinator will contribute to our rapidly growing provision, maintaining our position at the forefront of developments in online education. This role is a remote, home-based role which will require occasional travel to a UK location.
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. We offer high-quality distance-learning degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate level across Business, Law, Health, Education, Psychology and Criminology. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
Kaplan Open Learning (KOL) delivers online degree courses for the University of Essex under the brand name of University of Essex Online. The University and Kaplan have developed a partnership over the past eight years to offer high quality online courses. Kaplan's success is directly related to our ability to recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated professionals in all areas of the company.
Kaplan Open Learning is proud to be an award winning, leading online provider with a global reach. The Kaplan environment is entrepreneurial in spirit and offers the excitement and creativity of a fast-paced culture with the respected reputation and reliability of a blue-chip company.
You will be part of the Social Sciences department which currently delivers programmes in Education, Leadership and Management in Education and, Criminology. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can demonstrate a commitment to student-centred learning through innovative programme developments and support for teaching. The individual should have a flexible approach, be passionate about providing excellent educational opportunities to a diverse range of students.
The Programme Coordinator will support the academic department team in the monitoring, maintenance and development of the curriculum content of programmes within the Department. They will assist with associate tutor resourcing including the training and development of new tutors and the peer review process. This is a developmental role so you will be supported to enhance your qualifications and skills through further study.
For all allocated programmes within the Department:
- Participate in the student induction period for each new intake.
- Support the academic Head of Department in the creation of academic content, considering pedagogical approaches appropriate for online delivery and sourcing subject matter experts when required.
- In collaboration with the Head of Department, review and collate definitive documents, conducting annual reviews, refreshment of module content and reflecting on current delivery and taking into consideration pedagogical approaches appropriate for online delivery.
- Contribute to academic monitoring processes including the preparation of Annual Review of Courses and the periodic review to required deadlines.
- Collate, co-ordinate and manage contributions to programme content from a variety of stakeholders to ensure programmes remain up-to-date, relevant and reflect current academic theory and practice.
- Assist in the preparation of course variations and the review and refreshment of curriculum content and materials.
- Support the department in the investigation of allegations of academic misconduct.
- Assist in the Associate Tutor peer review process.
- Participate in the following committees and boards:
o Course Committee Meeting
o Attend other committees and boards as appropriate
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelors degree.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise and co-ordinate own workload and work to set deadlines.
- Willingness to take on additional projects as and when required.
- A Bachelors degree in the Social Sciences, for e.g. Education.
- Experience of teaching in Higher Education.
- Experience of online teaching and/or delivery.
- HEA membership.
Benefits (Some subject to eligibility criteria)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Live Well and Be Well Benefits
- The opportunity to join a division of a successful multi-national education company.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Closing date: 30th May 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.