We are looking for an Accounts Assistant with a sound customer service focus to join our finance team at Kaplan International Languages. As part of a large team with a number of career routes available, this is an ideal role for somebody looking to progress their career in accountancy within an international organisation.
About Kaplan International Languages.
Every year, Kaplan International Languages (KIL) helps students from various countries to develop and improve their English language skills. With a network of schools spanning 6 countries, KIL has the largest presence of any international language school in the English-speaking world. Our schools are in vibrant, sought-after and convenient locations, providing our students with the right environment to achieve their goals. We offer a wide selection of courses from General English and exam courses through to 8-month intensive programs.
About the role
You will be a part of our London (Hammersmith) based accounting team, providing accounting support to our rapidly growing English Language business.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for processing the fortnightly payment runs
• Processing employee cash and corporate credit card expenses
• Communicating with suppliers and dealing with their queries
• Responsibility of bank reconciliations and posting payments
• Setting up payments using our banking system such as refunds and commissions
• Posting and reconciling school finance reports weekly
• Reconciling of intercompany accounts at month end
• Advising staff and assisting them with queries and gathering information as required
• Providing ad-hoc support when required by senior members of the team
If you are customer focussed and thrive in a collaborative team environment, then this could be the ideal role for you. In particular, we are looking for the following skills / experience;
• Some accounts payable experience (c. 2 years) would be ideal
- Intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data…)
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Strong customer service ethos and high attention to detail
• Systematic and organised approach
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to process high volumes of work, to deadlines with minimal supervision
• Quick to pick up and apply knowledge
• High level of initiative, self-motivation and drive
• Reliable with a flexible attitude
About our offer
We are based in a great modern WeWork office space in Hammersmith which includes amazing facilities such as free gym membership, free onsite barista, evening drinks gatherings amongst others. We offer a hybrid working pattern for this role, with three days office and two days home / remote working each week.
Our employee benefits include;
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days holiday
- The opportunity to grow as part of a division in a successful, multi-national education company
- Medical cash plan
- Cashback scheme through Perkpal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted course through the Kaplan employee "Gift of Knowledge" scheme
Please apply via our online application form with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
We will be reviewing incoming applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the application window early.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, depending on the nature of the role, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
As part of Kaplan Inc., KIL is proud to share in the Kaplan tradition of academic excellence, standing alongside other established education institutions like Kaplan Financial, Kaplan International Pathways, Kaplan Test Prep and Kaplan Professional. Kaplan Inc., which is owned by Graham Holdings, is one of the world’s largest providers of education and training. It has an 80-year history of expanding access to academic opportunity and global revenues of more than US$2 billion. We are proud to have recently welcomed ESL Education and Alpadia Language Schools into the Kaplan International Group.