Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is a leading for-profit company in the field of international education. Our programmes encompass foundation and pre-masters programmes for international students in the UK, US and Australia, English language programmes across the world, delivery of online degrees for two leading UK universities, ACCA, CIMA and AAT accountancy training in the UK and student accommodation provision. Kaplan, Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) To find out more about us and our different business areas, please visit http://careers.kaplaninternational.com
We are seeking an excellent legal adviser to support our business across UK and Ireland as well as our international operations. This is a varied commercial role, encompassing a wide remit of work. The work is of a high quality, complex and cross border.
· You will give practical legal advice to key stakeholders on business as usual and project matters
· Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts (services, IT, apprenticeship, co-operation, supply, distribution, confidentiality, etc)
· You may also be required to provide support regarding M&A transactions, data protection, education regulation, disputes and ad hoc employment issues.
· UK qualified lawyer with at least 3 years post qualification experience*
· Experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· In-house experience is an advantage
· Experience working with large, multinational organisations is an advantage
· A willingness to learn and develop in new areas of law is important
· You must be confident, robust and commercially astute
Package on offer
· Attractive base salary
* PQE levels are offered as a guide only. We will accept applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
The UK Legal team (currently 5 lawyers) is based in London. However, we will consider flexible working including fully remote working with occasional office travel. We would therefore welcome applications from candidates based across the UK.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.