Apprenticeship Assessor / Talent Coach (Level 7)
As a result of its continued success to date, Kaplan is recruiting for suitably qualified and experienced apprenticeship assessors (Talent Coaches) with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering predominantly remote management-based apprenticeships at Level 5 or above.
We are a leading provider of apprenticeships for accountancy / tax / finance & banking courses, and of professional assessments. At Kaplan, we're all working together to make this organisation diverse, innovative and efficient. And to become highly respected for supporting learners to build or assess their professional competence through apprenticeships and qualifications.
We are part of the Kaplan group, one of the world’s largest and most diverse education and assessment providers. We operate in over 30 countries and maintain relationships and partnerships with more than 1,000 school districts, colleges and universities, professional bodies and over 10,000 businesses. Our vast breadth and scope in terms of both capabilities and assets sets us apart.
We work hard to make this a great place to work where everyone can succeed. Sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or other belief, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood - none of these should be a barrier to anybody’s success at Kaplan. If you require any adjustments, or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly and we’ll do our best to help.
About the role
Kaplan L7 (Accountancy & Tax) Talent Coaches strive to make a difference to every Kaplan Apprentice by providing them with outstanding support, advice and guidance and by inspiring them to succeed and achieve excellent learning and assessment outcomes.
Typically, throughout the apprenticeship learning journey the Talent Coach will:
- Provide 1-2-1 support for apprentices via scheduled (non-directive) review sessions.
- Review and assess progress against plan with the apprentice and employer to assist them in identifying barriers to progress and taking meaningful corrective action.
- Work collaboratively with the apprentice and their manager to signpost or set additional work and stretch targets in addition to confirming that enough workplace learning is taking place.
- At the EPA stage, the TC along with other Kaplan colleagues will assist the apprentice to prepare for all assessments.
Relevant industry expertise and a passion for coaching and mentoring and seeing learners succeed. You will need to bring:
- A demonstrable track record of successfully delivering accountancy or ‘management’-based apprenticeship (standards) at L5 or above - (in person and remotely)
- Essential professional qualifications including CAVA/TAQA and a minimum of PTLLS/AET. IAG at level 3 would be advantageous
- Maths and English at min of GCE: A to C/4 or above or equivalent e.g. FS at L2
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to adopt a flexible approach, communicate professionally with confidence, clarity and purpose, be approachable, listens carefully to all encounters and be able to influence and persuade others
- Ability to effectively manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities
- Focus on quality, learner journey and student outcomes
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm
- Team player and able to work collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies such as ESFA, Ofsted and online platforms and packages (ie online portfolio platforms and excel/word)
What you might be doing now
Your current role, or recent role, may be:
- Teaching and assessing all aspects of Accountancy and/or Leadership and Management based apprenticeship standards at L5 or above.
What you can expect
A competitive salary & clear pay structures, progression paths, and a comprehensive benefits package. We also provide the opportunity for professional development, both on the job and academically, including through the Kaplan Gift of Knowledge programme. Further benefit specifics include;
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Work from home / flexible working
Full-time and part-time employees of Kaplan and their immediate family (parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, and siblings) are eligible to receive free or significantly discounted courses offered by Kaplan companies.