Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
We are looking for a passionate Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion to inform strategy and take on the operational development and implementation of Pathways strategic EDI objectives, driving forward our approach to inclusion.
In this new standalone role reporting into the Managing Director for Kaplan International Pathways, you will work collaboratively with our external EDI consultants, and in partnership with leadership teams, EDI steering group, employee representative groups and staff, to put systems and structures in place to enable us to embed EDI throughout our strategy and activities, including delivering and developing our race equality action plan through its initial phase. With your expert knowledge of EDI policy, trends, best practice and legislation, you’ll be passionate about EDI at all levels and working with colleagues to champion our EDI agenda.
This is an opportunity to have real impact on our organisation and the people and students it serves.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applications, but we would particularly welcome applications from people of colour, those living with a disability or another protected characteristic.
We value the positive impact and diversity that your lived experience can bring to our organisation.
- Playing key role in the development and implementation of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategic plan, KPIs and priority areas, working collaboratively with the EDI Steering Group, our Senior Management teams and HR.
- Acting as a champion for EDI across KI Pathways working with the EDI Steering Group and sub-groups and key staff to identify challenges and lead in ensuring appropriate working groups are implemented and actions are taken.
- Informing, coordinating, and delivering the EDI Strategy and action plan across the organisation on a range; of key areas including communication and policy, an inclusive and supportive work environment, data, and curriculum.
- Coordinating the tracking and monitoring of the strategy and action plan’s progress
- Leading on delivery of our Race Equality agenda and continuing to stretch and enhance the work we do.
- Being a member of the UK and US Senior Management Teams as well as participating in meetings with the UK Pathways Governing Body and other groups within the Pathways governance structure to drive forward our activities.
- Supporting the Chair of EDI Steering Group to inform, implement and manage the EDI Action Plan, ensuring responsible sub-groups achieve milestones and outcomes, priorities are delivered, and issues are escalated as and when required.
- Collaborating across the business functions to provide guidance, support and advice as required on all EDI matters.
- Working with the HR team to ensure EDI is embedded across all areas of the staff experience.
- Providing input for the creation and review of existing policies through an EDI lens.
- Working in partnership with senior managers and HR to evaluate the impact of EDI policies and actions on working practices and to monitor diversity performance against targets
- Leading the development and coordination of ERG’s and employee champions to support the delivery of engagement events and change. Supporting the further development of staff working groups and networks, both informal and formal, to ensure they are supported and interconnected, and new groups are encouraged
- Sharing best practice across the Kaplan business network and with our university partners.
- Coordinating KI Pathways’ approach to relevant charter mark activities.
- Representing KI Pathways to share and learn through involvement in appropriate networks.
- Working with Marketing and HR teams to create and maintain comms and events calendar (internal and external) which builds awareness, publicises progress, drives engagement with EDI issues and themes
- Strong knowledge and experience of equality, diversity and inclusion issues with an emphasis on intersectionality
- Experience of leading and shaping the EDI agenda and experience of leading change projects
- Expert knowledge on race equality in the workplace and improving the representation, progression and success of minority ethnic employees
- Understanding of equality legislation
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence at all levels and effecting positive cultural change in a complex organisation
- Ability to manage a complex programme of work with competing priorities
- Proven leadership, organisational and motivational skills to drive inclusion
- Ability to translate the strategic plan into operational delivery
- Ability to make thoughtful and considered decisions in a timely manner
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Project management skills to plan and manage projects, manage risks, budget costs, time and project teams and an ability to use a range of methods to track key project indicators and milestones
- Highly organised with the ability to assess priorities and deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative and forward-thinking approach with the ability to innovate and problem solve
- Results focussed
Please apply with CV and cover letter by Wednesday 6th October 2022.
- At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.