Online Module Tutors and Dissertation Supervisors in Psychology (Freelance)
We are seeking module tutors with a Psychology background to join our dynamic online faculty. In this role, you will lead and support the learning of our online students working in close collaboration with our university partner, the University of Essex. Further information on our programmes can be found at https://online.essex.ac.uk/
We are looking for individuals with experience in any of the following subject areas:
- Qualitative research methods
- Quantitative research methods
- Social/critical social psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Personality psychology
- Cognitive psychology
- UG and PG Psychology Dissertation supervision
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
The primary role of the module tutor is to lead and support the learning of the students, using the learning materials provided in the module. This will involve a number of duties, that might include, but are not limited to:
- leading online teaching sessions, including monitoring and contributing to discussion forums and leading webinar teaching sessions,
- providing students with examples from your own practice, communicating your expertise within the teaching materials provided within the online teaching space,
- moderating and assessing both formative and summative assessments,
- providing appropriate feedback and advice to ensure student academic and personal development.
You will also be required to respond to academic queries, based upon content previously developed.
Support and training will be provided.
Qualifications and Skills
You will have a strong academic background and/or practical applied experience in one or more of the relevant subject areas outlined above. You will also have experience of teaching and assessment on higher education programmes at postgraduate level as well as an enthusiasm for online learning.
- Doctoral qualification in a related subject
- Experience of teaching and assessing across levels 4-7 within the UK Higher Education sector
- Excellent IT skills, primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting software
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with academic colleagues, tutors and students both face-to-face and in a virtual environment
- Experience of working with students from a range of cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Reliable internet connection
- We can only consider candidates who are UK based residents
- Due to the freelance (self-employed) nature of this role, we cannot accept applications from candidates on Tier 4 visas
- Experience of teaching in an online environment
- Familiarity of the UK Higher Education sector and UK Quality Assurance
- Relevant Higher Education teaching qualification.
- Fellowship recognition by AdvanceHE
- Experience of teaching across the core BPS curriculum.
- Experience of supervising students with their dissertations
- Hold chartered membership of the British Psychological Society
- To apply, please send an up-to-date CV, and a covering letter showing how you meet the above essential and desirable criteria (please list the criteria and give details of your experience in relation to each one) by 12pm (UK time) on 31st August.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on email@example.com
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.