Wellbeing Co-ordinator (Live-In)
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools, along with a small provision for University and Direct Let accommodation during the summer.
We are looking for a live-in Kaplan Living U18s Wellbeing Coordinator to live within our student accommodation and become an integral part of the daily lives of our students, with particular focus on supporting those under the age of 18. As the Kaplan Living U18s Wellbeing Coordinator, your presence will contribute significantly to ensuring that our students feel safe, comfortable and part of the residential community.
• Hours of work up to 50 hours every two weeks
• Salary £566.80 per month (£10.90 Per Hour)
• Benefits: reduced rate accommodation within specific Kaplan residence
• Place of Work: various
• Reports to General Manager
• Working closely with Head of College Services
Kaplan Pathways is committed to ensuring a safe and supportive environment for all students. Our safeguarding policy specifically recognises the increased level of vulnerability that arises when students are far from home, away from their normal support network and in an unfamiliar culture. You will play a critical role in our duty of care and support for students under the age of 18. To do this effectively, you will need to gain a strong understanding of the framework of our Safeguarding Policy so that you can work within it to provide the appropriate support.
- Develop strong knowledge of and follow appropriate guidelines and protocols in all areas of your role
- Promote good resident welfare and enforcing behaviour policies
- Along with the Kaplan Residence and College teams responsibility for the Safeguarding and duty of care for U18 students
- Provide quick and appropriate response by emails and any other communication channels used in order to help effect a quick resolution of issues arsing
- Participate and complete all necessary training during the first weeks of employment and ongoing training as required
- Lead on the U18 students welcome and induction programme assisting students to settle and integrate into the residence, the environment and location in the first days and weeks of arriving in the UK, offering support and guidance as needed
- Be a contributing member of local Kaplan International Pathways Safeguarding Panel
- Undertake morning/evening welfare checks on students as needed and any necessary curfew checks on U18 residents
- Be on call throughout the night with availability to handle any emergencies with U18 students
- Provide practical assistance to U18 students requiring support, including setting up of medical appointments if requested
- Work with the Residence Team to help deliver/events and activities organise informal “catch ups” in small groups or as a one to one
- Arrange zoom call with your parents or guardians a required
- Ensure that any welfare, child safety, medical, pastoral and building issues are immediately reported to your line manager or escalated to a senior manager as appropriate.
- Assist as required in the administration of the residence including room inspections, student arrivals, departures and room inventories, maintain any necessary U18 records
- Liaise with the Residence/ College Teams and Guardians to ensure U18 students have continuous duty of care between the college, residence and guardian if necessary, assist with any welfare concerns or other issues you may have
- Provide cover when colleagues are away on leave or through illness.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the Residence Manager
- Evidence of being interested in and committed to supporting the welfare of young persons
- Open and approachable manner
- Empathetic nature with good listening skills and high intercultural awareness
- Strong communication skills including:
- Clear, spoken English with ability to grade language appropriately for non-native speakers
- Ability to receive, understand and convey information clearly
- Ability to produce clear written communication including incident reports
- Ability to quickly identify situations requiring additional support and assistance
- Prompt to act and escalate as needed when issues arise and assiduous in following up issues to resolution
- Commitment to learning and following agreed guidelines and procedures
- Capacity to build trust and rapport quickly with staff and colleagues
- Works in close partnership with other team members, ensuring that a timely, regular exchange of information
- Committed to promoting a positive image of Kaplan Pathways
Checks and training we will require you to undergo
- Enhanced DBS Checks to prove their suitability to work with children in and out of the home environment.
- Two written references from previous employers asking for suitability for the role.
- Access to online training CPD certified and bespoke in-house training
- Full employment history with any significant gaps explained, previous employers may be contacted.
- Sufficient proof must be held of any relevant qualifications.
- Right to work in the UK
Please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Please note, the vacancy will be closed when we have received a suitable volume of applications. We would encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
- 28 days annual leave*
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
- Medicash Health Cash Plan
*Please note that the annual leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis if the role is part time.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Living
Part of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s most diversified education businesses, Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose-built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.