Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, Japan and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
We are looking for an Admissions Officer to join our London based Admissions team. The role would ideally suit a new graduate with strong IT literacy and good interpersonal skills, who is looking to gain office-based, administrative experience. International education is an interesting sector which can offer excellent long-term career opportunities.
Our Admissions team is responsible for recruiting high quality students from around the globe to our international colleges throughout the UK. As an Admissions Officer, you will provide a full professional administrative support service to all Admissions functions including processing and checking applications, processing accommodation bookings, making telephone follow ups with students, dealing with enquiries from agents and staff. You will need to be a highly organised, proactive team member who thrives on detail and can ensure that tasks are completed to deadline.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan work effectively under tight deadlines, under pressure and with competing priorities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to learn independently and to master and apply new knowledge and skills quickly
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service
- Detailed understanding of both internal and external admissions policies and procedures
- Excellent team skills and the ability to work without close supervision
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think on ones feet
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to all tasks undertaken
- Multicultural outlook and interest in working with international students
- Excellent data entry, IT skills and competence with Microsoft packages including
- Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Closing date: Friday 9th June 2023.
- 28 days annual leave*
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
- Medicash Health Cash Plan
*Please note that the annual leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis if the role is part time.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
For international students who have the rights to stay in the UK following graduation, we welcome application under the Graduate Route visa.