College Services Advisor (Fixed term) BU placement post
College Services Advisor (BU placement post)
Fixed date contract 1.07.2023 – 31.08.2024
Full time (37.5hrs per week average)
£22,000 per annum
28-day holiday per annum
Start date: 1st July 2023
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to join our College Services team at Bournemouth University International College, as a College Services Advisor. This post-holder will help to ensure the effective and integrated delivery and continued development of our cross-departmental service to students, stakeholders and customers.
Bournemouth University International College (BUINTCOL) is situated in the heart of the rapidly-developing Lansdowne area of Bournemouth, just 15 minutes’ walk from an award-winning beach, bustling town centre, lovely gardens, and the train station. The College works in close partnership with Bournemouth University (BU), preparing international students to study on undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in all four of the University’s faculties, whilst developing the skills and attributes they will need in their working lives. BUINTCOL is a friendly and diverse workplace, where academic and college services teams collaborate closely to offer an inspiring, meaningful and tailored learning experience for every student.
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to a wide range of services, and to work closely with the College Services, Operations, and Academic teams to provide support to students, colleagues, and other customers and stakeholders. In order to meet the needs of our customers effectively, your usual working hours will be adjusted from time to time to include some evenings and weekends.
Main responsibilities and functions:
- Acting as a first point of contact for students with study-related queries and issues, including working at the reception desk when required.
- Keeping accurate hard copy and electronic student records (including the College’s data management system) and updating them as required in a timely manner.
- Supporting the production and efficient distribution of documents, timetables, results notifications, transcripts, forms etc., and contributing feedback for inclusion in student reports.
- Producing reports in order to monitor areas such as attendance and academic achievement.
- Responding to enquiries from students, staff, sponsors, agents, parents and other visitors to the College.
- Assisting with contacting students by phone, email or through social media as required.
- Supporting international students, including late arrivals, through registration and orientation activities on an on-going basis.
- Supporting the progression process, including contacting students and alumni regarding university open days and related events.
- Supporting the organization, promotion and delivery of visits and events in the College and off-site.
- Creating effective and timely materials to publicise activities and information to a variety of target audiences
- Supporting Student Voice activities
- Support reception in their daily duties especially during busy periods around new student intakes.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by members of the College’s Senior Management Team.
You will enjoy the prospect of working with international students, be committed to providing excellent customer service and be a strong team player. In addition, you will have:
- Experience of providing proactive customer service
- A strong interest in working with students and, in particular, international students
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Experience of working with data and good record-keeping skills
- A willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and professional personal and telephone manner
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a key member of a front-line customer-facing team
In addition it would be desirable for you to have:
- Experience of working with international students
- Administrative experience in the education sector
- Experience of handling confidential data and using databases
- Solid experience of using a wide range of social media tools
- An Understanding of Pathway or PSE programmes offered at BUINTCOL
If you have the requisite experience and are excited by the opportunity of working with a dynamic group of professionals in a friendly, international education environment please apply via our online application form with your CV and covering letter.
If you’d like to have an informal chat about the role, please email email@example.com.
Please note, the vacancy will be closed when we have received a suitable volume of applications. We would encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
- 28 days annual leave*
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
- Medicash Health Cash Plan
*Please note that the annual leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis if the role is part time.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
For international students who have the rights to stay in the UK following graduation, we welcome application under the Graduate Route visa.
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.