We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Finance department, you will be a part of KI’s London-based accounting team, providing accounting support to the English Language business. This is an ideal role for somebody looking to progress their career in accountancy.
Main responsibilities and functions
Your duties will include:
• Responsibility for processing the fortnightly Payment runs
• Processing employee cash and corporate credit card expenses
• Communicating with suppliers and dealing with their queries
• Responsibility of bank reconciliations and posting payments
• Setting up payments using our banking system such as refunds and commissions
• Posting and reconciling school finance reports weekly
• Reconciling of intercompany accounts at month end
• Advising staff and assisting them with queries and gathering information as required
• Providing ad-hoc support when required by senior members of the team
Qualifications and experience
• Minimum 2 years accounts payable experience is desirable
Skills and competencies
• Intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data…)
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Strong customer service ethos and high attention to detail
• Systematic and organised approach
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to process high volumes of work, to deadlines with minimal supervision
• Quick to pick up and apply knowledge
• High level of initiative, self-motivation and drive
• Reliable with a flexible attitude
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Please note, the vacancy will be closed when we have received a suitable volume of applications. We would encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, depending on the nature of the role, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Applicants working outside the UK may be required to produce a police check from the relevant country.
About Kaplan International Languages
Every year, Kaplan International Languages (KIL) helps over 50,000 students from more than 150 countries to develop and improve their English language skills. With a network of schools spanning 6 countries, KIL has the largest presence of any international language school in the English-speaking world. Our schools are in vibrant, sought-after and convenient locations, providing our students with the right environment to achieve their goals. We offer a wide selection of courses from General English and exam courses through to 8-month intensive programs. Our recommendation rate currently stands at 96%.
As part of Kaplan Inc., KIL is proud to share in the Kaplan tradition of academic excellence, standing alongside other established education institutions like Kaplan Financial, Kaplan International Pathways, Kaplan Test Prep and Kaplan Professional. Kaplan Inc., which is owned by Graham Holdings, is one of the world’s largest providers of education and training. It has an 80-year history of expanding access to academic opportunity and global revenues of more than US$2 billion.