International Student Advisor
We are now recruiting an International Student Advisor to join our Student Recruitment team in London. You will contribute to Kaplan’s success by providing industry-leading customer service to prospective students as well as their parents, guardians or sponsors on study options at our pathway colleges in both the UK and USA and by helping students move from the initial stages of their application journey to enrolment. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and will relish the opportunity to represent and cultivate a high-value, premium brand product.
Main responsibilities and functions
- Counselling students who hold a Kaplan offer of study, advising them on course and accommodation options and handling their concerns or objections
- Using sales techniques, influencing applicants to accept their offer
- Meeting conversion and enrolment targets
- Applying your awareness and understanding of the specific markets allocated to you and working closely with the relevant regional teams to meet team goals
- Documenting all calls and communication with students in Salesforce CRM
- Working with the team's visa advisor to ensure successful enrolment of all students who pay a deposit and confirm their place on Kaplan's programs
- Working on conversion for other markets from time to time as assigned by your line manager
To be successful in the role you’ll have the following:
- A university degree, ideally from a country other than your native country
- Demonstrable track record in a sales or customer service role and experience working towards team and individual targets
- Enthusiasm for outbound sales and cold-calling, putting your influencing skills to good use
- Excellent oral and written communication skills through telephone, email, WhatsApp, skype and other platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn multiple products quickly
- Exceptional customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile for students and their parents, sponsors and guardians
- An ability to prioritise effectively and manage time under pressure, keeping a cool head
- A high level of administration and organisational skills
- Patience and proven problem-solving skills
- A high level of enthusiasm and personal commitment
- The ability to work independently and to deadline
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Willingness to work flexible hours where required (including some weekends during critical periods)
Also, desirable would be:
- Experience using Salesforce CRM as a sales tool
- Study abroad experience/ International student graduate
- Awareness of Tier 4 student visa requirements
- A foreign language speaker (preferably Arabic)
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online application form.
Closing date: 5th October 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, depending on the nature of the role, successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.