Kaplan Open Learning Limited
Position Title- Online Lecturers
Reports to- Programme Director
Employment Type- Freelance
We are seeking online Lecturers in a range of subject areas to join our dynamic online faculty. In this role, you will lecture on one of our taught postgraduate modules for our online students working in close collaboration with our Russell Group partner, the University of Liverpool. Successful candidates will also receive honorary lecturer status from the University.
We are looking for individuals with experience in the following subject areas:
- Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity and Robotics
- Business and Management
- Public Health
- Academic Practice, Higher Education Learning and Teaching
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
The primary role of the online lecturer is to lead and support the learning of the students, using the learning materials provided in the module. This will involve a number of duties, that might include, but are not limited to:
- Leading online teaching sessions, including monitoring and contributing to discussion forums and leading webinar teaching sessions.
- Providing students with examples from your own practice, communicating your expertise within the teaching materials provided within the online teaching space.
- Facilitating pre-recorded content, through classroom discussions or similar.
- Moderating and assessing both formative and summative assessments.
- Providing appropriate feedback and advice to ensure student academic and personal development.
You will also be required to respond to academic queries, based upon content previously developed.
Support and training will be provided.
Qualifications and Skills
You will have a strong academic background and practical applied experience in one or more of the relevant subject areas outlined above. You will also have experience of teaching and assessment on higher education programmes at postgraduate level as well as an enthusiasm for online learning.
- Doctoral qualification in a related subject or significant professional experience and a minimum of a Masters-level qualification. These criteria will vary and a PhD may be a minimum requirement in some subject areas.
- Experience of teaching and assessing at level 7 (Masters level) within the UK Higher Education sector.
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with academic colleagues, lecturers and students both face-to-face and in a virtual environment.
- Experience of working with students from a range of cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Excellent IT skills, primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting software.
- Reliable internet connection.
- Experience of teaching in an online environment
- Familiarity of the UK Higher Education sector and UK Quality Assurance.
- Relevant Higher Education teaching qualification.
- Fellowship recognition by AdvanceHE.
- Evidence of maintenance of academic qualifications through continued scholarly activity.
To apply please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter showing how you meet our above mentioned criteria by 25th October 2022. Applications received before this date will be considered when submitted. Applications without a covering letter outlining your motivation and aptitude for the position will not be considered.
For any queries please contact Ida Kemp, Deputy Academic Director (Ida.firstname.lastname@example.org).