Senior Product Designer (Maternity Cover)
Who we are
Kaplan International Pathways is a leading provider of global education centred around our students. Whoever they are, and wherever they are in the world, our goal is to help them achieve their goals.
We offer a range of study options to our students – ranging from degree preparation and direct admission, helping students to receive a life-changing education. Our partnerships with over 40 universities worldwide create wonderful opportunities for students, education agents, sponsors and more. Kaplan International Pathways guides more than 20,000 students to university each year. Our strong partnerships with universities in the UK, USA and Australia have opened up amazing educational opportunities to students from across the globe.
Our success story is underpinned by our overall mission – to connect students, agents, sponsors and partner universities by matching life-changing international education opportunities with individual needs and aspirations.
Technology sits at the heart of what we do, and our Product Development Team is directly focused on creating strong experiences for our students throughout their education journey. This extends from discovering the potential benefits of an international education – through to the digital experiences they have in our colleges. The team also provides the technology that enables our commercial teams to provide the class leading service and responsiveness that Kaplan International Pathways is highly recognised for.
We’re looking for a Maternity-cover Product Designer who will be responsible for the creation and design of strong, consistent and engaging experiences for customers of our digital platforms, through October 2022 to October 2023.
You’ll work across all phases of product development lifecycle – working with our customers to understanding their needs, ideate through co-creation, create and test potential solutions through to implementation and launch. You’ll work to create interesting and innovative solutions to challenges around discovery, engagement and feature interaction. You’ll be a champion for the Product Design practice and put the customer at the heart of everything you do. Most importantly, you’ll lead with influence, empathy and by example.
You’ll also be responsible for driving elegant, effective solutions for our internal platforms – where simple interactions, low cognitive effort and user efficiency are key to the organisation. You’ll be comfortable driving approaches that minimise training, errors, inefficiencies and ultimately create delightful experiences.
To succeed in this role you’ll also bring a considerable toolkit of different methodologies and approaches. You’ll be highly skilled at running workshops, with an extensive series of different tools, techniques and frameworks that can be used for generating solutions and aligning outcomes. You’ll approach challenges pragmatically and be passionate about evolving experiences based on customer needs. Most importantly, you’ll be highly passionate about your practice, and have an unwavering focus on creating best-in-class, seamless experiences customers.
We’ll be asking you to…
- Champion customer-led approaches to Product Design across the projects you work on and the wider organisation
- Understand business and customer problems, along with key requirements and turn these ideas into potential designs and solutions that meet the objectives of the business and customer
- Influence the product strategy from a design perspective – ensuring strategies and approaches have the right balance customer and commercial needs
- Work across a number of different products and services to ensure a connected and consistent experience throughout different stages of the internal and external customer journeys
- Use analytical and creative skills to design unique and engaging user experiences
- Prepare a variety of UX outputs including sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interaction design using data and insights
- Take a user-centred design approach and be comfortable testing assumptions with low / high fidelity prototypes across a range of different customer groups
- Drive product discovery and design decisions through qualitative and quantitative research; including user interviews, remote testing, surveys, customer feedback and analytics
- Display that your solutions and designs are aligned with user expectations
- Facilitate a collaborative process with key stakeholders including marketing, sales, colleges, agents – optimising for co-creation through structured frameworks and workshops whenever possible
- Work closely with our Development Team to own the experiences being created and consult teams on best practice where required.
- Be a champion for and continue to grow the Product Design and User Experience capabilities within Kaplan International
- Several years working as a User Experience or Product Designer – working across a variety of different design challenges for a range of different audiences and domains
- Demonstrated experience working with both technical and business stakeholders – with proven approaches to creating alignment across these groups
- Demonstrated experience of creating elegant, simple solutions to complicated business requirements
- Demonstrated experience running workshops at scale that take advantage of modern co-creation techniques, with a clear focus on the application of design sprints
- Clear understanding and application of service design tools, methods and techniques
- A clear preference for lean approaches to Product, Service and UX design
- Experience working in environments where business teams and stakeholders may need to be supported through the adoption of different ways of working
- Comfortable and experienced in working in both Agile and non-Agile environments - where required by the needs of the project
- Strong storyteller who is able to engage business and technical stakeholders in your concepts and approaches
- Experience working with different testing tools, approaches and techniques – from Coffee Shop to A/B.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Closing date: 29th September 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.