College Services Advisor
College Services Advisor
Full Time Permanent 37.5 hours per week
Bournemouth University International College
£20,500 Per annum
Start date: September 2022
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, and the Middle East through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and our focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high-quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities.
Bournemouth University International College was established in 2013 and operated in partnership with Bournemouth University (BU), the College offers programmes designed to prepare international students for entry to BU. The College moved to new purpose-built premises in 2015, which are co-located with a student residence and restaurant on BU’s Lansdowne campus.
At the heart of our educational approach is a belief in supporting students to become independent, motivated learners who will thrive in higher education. To do this, we recognise the need to provide a flexible, responsive experience which meets the needs of learners who differ in background, requirements and pace.
We are looking for a College Services Administrator who can join the team to continue to develop and enhance this approach.
The College Services team play a vital role in supporting the administrative services provided to staff and students within the College. The team provides support across various areas, including academic and quality assurance, student progression, compliance, student wellbeing and administration. Some occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
As a College Services Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day functions of College Services to ensure the effective and efficient administration of all processes and procedures within the College. This may cover all aspects of the student life cycle, from registration, and attendance, assessment and examination, to completion and progression to university-level study.
- Provide excellent customer service in person, by phone and online
- Deal with student enquiries by providing a flexible, personalised and inclusive approach
- Maintain accurate information on the student management system
- Support pre-arrival, arrivals, registration and Welcome activities
- Accurately input data and produce standard reports including student details, attendance information, student grades, basic finance information
- Assist in the maintenance and development of student-facing information on the College’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Assist in the development and delivery of activities to support students in their learning including progression and extra-curricula initiatives
- Assist in the development of student social activities, social media
- Provide administrative support for key College Services functions for example timetabling, exams and assessments, compliance, student performance tracking and general support for the operation of the College
- Assisting in support of specific cohorts of students including those under 18s, and sponsored students
- Work as part of the College team to seek and respond to student feedback to improve the overall student experience
You will enjoy working with international students, be student focused, be open to change and development, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be fully committed to ensuring all our students’ success. You will need:
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent (eg A Levels, BTEC), or relevant professional experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent IT skills
- A flexible and inclusive approach
- Experience in working as part of a team to achieve goals
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. Additionally, as part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, certain positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks. Please note that all gaps in CVs will be investigated and that reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
Apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this post and highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Application deadline: 10 am on Wednesday 28th September 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.