Junior Multimedia Developer
Are you passionate about producing learning content which engages and excites? Would you like to apply your skills working for one of the UK's leading award-winning online degree providers, in a small, innovative Learning Technology Team alongside like-minded committed colleagues?
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are ambitious in our vision, goals, and aspirations. Our students complete their degrees through online learning using our cutting edge, interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media learning resources which provides a gateway to a learning community supported by a professional and academic team.
About the role
This is an exciting and varied role which provides the opportunity for a creative, committed person to make a real impact. You will:
- Produce engaging, high-quality video to animate audio provided by our module authors.
- Contribute to the production of our interactive e-learning resources.
- Work closely with subject matter experts in a range of subjects including; Computing, Management, Business, Law, Health, Psychology and Criminology
- Deliver high-quality content to deadlines.
- Experience creating multimedia content.
- Experience with non-linear video editors.
- Excellent written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An eye for good aesthetic design.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks, establish work priorities, and balance competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn new media production packages.
- Good understanding of current web technologies, trends, and developments.
- Qualification to degree level in multimedia or related design discipline preferred. Experience of editing and embedding audio and video into e-learning content.
- Experience of using rapid authoring and AV tools used to create online learning resources (eg. Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia).
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiar with recognised web usability and accessibility standards.
The role would suit a recent graduate with video production experience, an instructional designer or anyone with a strong digital creative skillset looking to start a rewarding career in online learning.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Working hours 37.5 per week
- Central Leeds location (remote working opportunities)
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter by 21st September 2022
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Content Production Manager
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.