Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students varied and exciting study options in the UK, Australia, USA, Japan and more. Thanks to our partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our high-quality teaching and exceptional levels of customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to helps thousands of students follow their educational dreams.
In the UK, we operate a number of campus-based colleges in partnership with several fantastic universities, including truly innovative institutions and members of the prestigious Russell Group. We also have one off-campus flagship college in London, offering study routes into seven leading UK universities. In the USA, we’re partnered with a number of excellent universities, with locations as diverse as New York City and Arizona. This gives students from all over the world the chance to access a life-changing education, and prepare for a successful future.
As you might expect, we’re passionate about the power of education to shape the world. If you feel the same, then perhaps you’d be a great fit at Kaplan. But, just as importantly, we’re looking for someone who understands marketing, loves writing and, ultimately, has a superb instinct for communication.
That’s what you’ll be doing at Kaplan: finding effective and inspiring ways of communicating with people across the globe. If you're ready to take your next steps in copywriting, read on!
- Producing SEO-friendly blog and web content
- Writing B2B and B2C email comms
- Working closely with our Social Media team to create shareable content
- Crafting engaging video scripts and ads
- Proofreading and sub-editing various content on an ad hoc basis
- Creating content for print materials such as flyers and brochures
- Helping to keep our factual content fresh and up to date
- Supporting the wider Editorial team in the development of content strategy and tone of voice
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in professional copywriting, with a strong portfolio of writing for marketing materials in print and / or digital channels
- Exceptional writing ability and creative flair – able to create clever copy, but equally able to write in clear, simple language for an international audience
- Impeccable written English and outstanding attention to detail regarding the consistency, factual accuracy, loyalty (to brand and house style), quality and suitability of copy
- A love for words, writing, reading and the art/science of communication
- Experience of understanding and implementing creative briefs
- First-rate communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- A curious mind, an inquisitive nature, and a desire to learn and develop – we are an education company after all
- Familiarity with at least one industry-standard CMS (WordPress would be advantageous)
- Experience of using Adobe InDesign
- An understanding of digital content production best practices for social media, email marketing and SEO, and the principles that drive qualified traffic to websites
- Ability to interpret web analytics reports on on-page user behaviour
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the education sector
- Good knowledge of a language other than English and / or experience of working or studying overseas
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter, and a portfolio of your work if you have one. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 30 September 2022
We may close the role earlier, if a suitable shortlist is gathered.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.