Housekeeper (Part time)
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools, along with a small provision for University and Direct Let accommodation during the summer.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean designated areas within the accommodation building including, bedrooms, en-suite shower rooms, kitchens, white goods contained in the kitchens and communal areas
- Wash walls, doors, furniture, radiators and shower cubicles, as appropriate.
- Empty waste bins and remove rubbish from flats to bin store areas
- Make beds, including stripping and changing sheeting, collection of laundered linen from store and bagging up laundry for collection, during the semester/short let season
- Clean internal windows, where applicable
- Be a principal point of contact for our students.
- Communicate to our international students in clear and correct English to avoid miscommunications.
- Take responsibility for the Housekeeping Induction for all our students, teaching them good hygiene and cooking safety practices.
- Be aware of the Fire Safety Policy, take a leading role in Fire Evacuation Drills and Actual evacuations.
- Be a leader in COSHH Knowledge in the building and be involved in new staff inductions in COSHH.
- Carpet Cleaning & Floor Buffing
- Undertake training as required
- Be prepared to work as and when the need arises, especially during the various student arrival and departure weekends, open days etc.
- To act in accordance with all Health & Safety policies and practices
- Report any maintenance defects using the correct procedures
- Deal with complaints that are received and escalate these to the relevant manager
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with the company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Adhere to the company dress code policy at all times
- Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss
- Other duties as commensurate with the post
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all students and the Safeguarding of U18s accommodated in Kaplan Living. All members of the Kaplan Living team are responsible for all aspects of our students safeguarding and welfare in conjunction with the wider residence, college and company management teams.
- Actively seek to safeguard and promote the welfare of U18s and refer any U18 safeguarding, welfare or support issues immediately to the General Manager and U18 Well Being Coordinator. If the situation is applicable follow the red and yellow alert process and in the event of becoming aware of a major incident follow the red/yellow alert process and alert the KI Living Management.
The successful applicant will:
- Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living
- Be a COSHH & Health & Safety Champion.
- Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
- Have experience in a customer facing environment
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Essential skills/ experience
- Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally in Hotels or Student accommodation.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and customer care skills.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others.
Closing date: 30th September 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Living
Part of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s most diversified education businesses, Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose-built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.