Location: Kaplan Living Liverpool UK
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5
Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools, along with a small provision for University and Direct Let accommodation during the summer.
Main responsibilities and functions
• To take the lead role in the management of the development
• To recruit, train, manage, motivate and develop staff and Student Rep’s ensuring they embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Livings’ student care
• To promote a vibrant student community
• To assist in ensuring the property is managed and operated in line with agreed operating principles to support the achievement of our company goal to be industry leading in service levels to students, parents and stakeholders
• To ensure the property achieves the best possible occupancy and financial performance
• Manage the letting of rooms in accordance with Kaplan agreed protocols
• Manage Check In and Check Out procedures ensuring efficiencies and room management procedures are followed
• Ensure the highest possible standards of student safety and welfare
• Take a lead role in producing and implementing a social activities programme • Manage the communication processes to and from our customers
• Respond to emergencies both during and out of working hours
• Manage nomination agreements with external partners
• Manage key relationships with outside agencies, both UK and international
•Overall responsibility for the management of site maintenance and housekeeping (reactive, planned and cyclical) to ensure sector leading service levels
• Ensure that service contracts are monitored to ensure efficient implementation and compliance
• Ensure that all statutory requirements in terms of Health and Safety are implemented, monitored and recorded
• Ensure regular inspections of rooms and common spaces are undertaken and records maintained
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of Kaplan Living’ Policies and Procedures in accordance with legislation and ANUK Accreditation Scheme. Financial
• Budget and P & L management
• Manage rent payments and rent debt
• Work with internal and external partners to improve services, value for money and profitability.
Marketing & promotion
• Ensure that all information including social and academic support services is both accurate and updated regularly – to include printed collateral, web-based information and social networking sites.
• Marketing of the property to direct let customers where required
• Marketing to existing customers to maximise repeat business
• Marketing and management of lettings including short-term contracts and summer lets (in accordance with Kaplan agreed protocol)
• Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate Service provision
• To ensure that a service level agreement with stakeholders are met and that any shortfalls are documented and reported to the General Manager
• Assist to develop and maintain policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and ANUK Accreditation Scheme.
• To support colleagues with regards to requirements under immigration legislation
• Any other duties as may be required by the General Manager Candidate profile
The successful applicant will:
• Possess leadership and excellent oral and written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike
• Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
• Have experience in a customer facing environment
• Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation
• Be able to work to agreed budgets
• Have strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and be adaptable to foster new skills to operate Kaplan’s internal management systems
• Be willing to undertake training as required • Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required.
• Be conversant with the ANUK Accreditation Scheme
• Offer flexibility in working hours including the provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required
Essential skills/ experience
▪ Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally in an accommodation related area
▪ Be able to engage in teamwork
▪ Experience of budget management
▪ Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadline
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Closing date: 30th September 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Living
Part of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s most diversified education businesses, Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose-built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.